Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sidewalk Shawl

My version of the Sidewalk Shawl is a lovely, light, and airy shawl. Perfect for Southwest Florida.

This shawl took less than two weeks to make. I used ten balls of Brisa by Katia, 67% viscose and 33% acrylic. The color is a pretty tangerine. I used a size G crochet hook. The pattern can be found free at or

Coco Chanel the cat, Coco for short, likes it too. I hung it over the back of my couch where I was going to sit to put the fringe on. That was a mistake. I put it on the floor to take pictures, and she thought it was a lovely kitty bed.

I may make a long white gauze tiered skirt, pair it with a white camisole, and wear the shawl over it. In the meantime, it will be great with black or white, jeans or nicer.


Natalia Kononova said...

This color suits you so much! beautiful shawl!

jeremymcbride said...

Wow this is fabulous, I love the fact that you have made it your own look. Well done you, a brilliant job. To see more info please visit