Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sidewalk Shawl

My version of the Sidewalk Shawl is a lovely, light, and airy shawl. Perfect for Southwest Florida.



This shawl took less than two weeks to make. I used ten balls of Brisa by Katia, 67% viscose and 33% acrylic. The color is a pretty tangerine. I used a size G crochet hook. The pattern can be found free at Ravelry.com or StitchNationYarn.com.

Coco Chanel the cat, Coco for short, likes it too. I hung it over the back of my couch where I was going to sit to put the fringe on. That was a mistake. I put it on the floor to take pictures, and she thought it was a lovely kitty bed.

I may make a long white gauze tiered skirt, pair it with a white camisole, and wear the shawl over it. In the meantime, it will be great with black or white, jeans or nicer.

3 comments:

Natalia Kononova said...

This color suits you so much! beautiful shawl!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is fabulous, I love the fact that you have made it your own look. Well done you, a brilliant job. To see more info please visit http://essayswriters.org/.

Gregory Carney said...

I have read many blog articles, but I have never heard of this type of article before. I hope your pea develops quickly. I want to show you a blog that helped me with keyboard speed. Because I checked my keyboard here keyboard tester.