Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mimosa Top & Pants

I made this outfit using a pattern from The Sewing Workshop. Earlier this year, I attended a sewing retreat and met Louise Cutting of Cutting Line Designs and Linda Lee of The Sewing Workshop. (Yes, I am a little slow in posting, but it has been a very busy year. I hope to post more regularly.) Anyway, I enjoyed the retreat so much, that I signed up for the 2010 Reatreat! It was a great time for me to sew just for me. That does not happen very often.



The Mimosa Top is a terrific pattern. I love the way it looks on. It wears well. I especially enjoyed learning how Linda Lee applied the band. wish I had taken pictures while I was working on it, but I was determined to sew as many things as I possibly could at the retreat. I think I made five garments - more on them later.



The Pants have a great curve for my shape. The fabric is from a huge amount of fabric my mother gave me. It is a linen look polyester blend. I lined the pants, which the pattern did not call for. I did not sew the waist band on in the way that Linda suggested, but did it my way. Looking back, I should have at least looked at her instructions. It is always good to learn new techniques.



You can read more about my review here: http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/readreview.pl?readreview=1&reviewnum=41752

No comments: